Low Carb Cauliflower Popcorn
(by Mike M)
1 head of cauliflower
3 Tbsp. (45mL) olive oil
2 Tbsp. (30mL) Mrs. Dash® Table Blend
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 55 min to 1 hr
1. Preheat oven to 450°F (220°C).
2. Cut out and discard cauliflower core and thick stems. Trim
remaining cauliflower into florets the size of popcorn.
3. Toss thoroughly in a bowl with olive oil and Mrs. Dash® Table
4. Spread cauliflower on a sheet pan and roast for approximately 60
minutes, or until nicely browned (that’s the carmelization process
converting the dormant natural sugars into sweetness).
5. Turn three or four times during roasting. The browner the florets,
the sweeter they will taste. Serve immediately.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Actual Serving Size: 3.8 Oz (110.0g)
Calories: 71 Sodium: 32 mg
Total Fat: 5 g Potassium: 318 mg
Saturated Fat: 1 g Carbohydrates: 5 g
Unsaturated Fat: 4 g Fiber: 3 g
Trans Fat: 0 g Protein: 2 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Please note that in different parts of the world, different brands of available food have more carbs than other brands. It is important to read the labels carefully where you shop for food. If you have difficulty locating low carb supplies, please visit our low carb supplier page for some items that can be mail ordered.