Author Topic: Is it possible to eat "healthy" with this diet?  (Read 4296 times)

Panni

• View Profile
Is it possible to eat "healthy" with this diet?
« on: November 19, 2015, 12:06:26 AM »
Hello Everyone! I am new to this site as well as to the diet. I have partial complex seizures, about 50 per month. While they are very short and not debilitating, I do get a little disoriented after a bunch of them. Also, as I am a psychotherapist, it is really not much fun to have these seizures mid-sentence in a session with a patient. So, I decided to give this diet a try. I started about 3 weeks ago. I will not know if it is working or not until a full month is past, since the seizures tend to come in batches. None for two weeks, and then 15-20 in a couple of days and adds up to about 50 by the end of the month.

I am finding it somewhat difficult to eat this way. I LOVE fruits and vegetables and really miss them. I was already gluten free for several years, so that was no problem. Now I am actually concerned about not getting a variety of essential nutrients and worry that it is really not possible to eat healthy on this diet. Anyone has any suggestions for me? Thank you all for listening! Anna

nvweiss

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Is it possible to eat "healthy" with this diet?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2015, 12:46:46 PM »
Hi Anna,
Welcome to the forum. For help with the diet, and recipes, I recommend you read as much as you can on the forum if you haven't already done so. Read Michael's thread on Getting started, as well as the thread on recipes. Also, as you get familiar with some of the members and their experience with the diet, feel free to email them and ask for suggestions and recipes. There is one that was under the recipe thread for a fruit shake, that you may enjoy. This is a high fat, low carb diet though and the key is regulating your ketones to what works for you. It does take time, but as you are already seeing results, hang in there. Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Naiomi Weiss
Forum Moderator.